|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Elective Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||-
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||6
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||-
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) They can explain the adult psychopathology evaluation processes.
2) Summarize the history of the adult clinical evaluation process.
3) They can distinguish the intelligence, personality, and neuropsychological tests applied in the adult clinical evaluation process.
4) They can associate the intelligence, personality, and neuropsychological tests applied in the adult clinical evaluation process with the knowledge of psychopathology.
5) They will be able to explain the functions of tests applied in the adult clinical evaluation process.
6) They can criticize the application process of these tests in accordance with ethical guidelines.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|COURSE DEFINITION||Within the scope of the Adult Clinical Evaluation course, the clinical manifestations of the psychopathologies experienced in the adulthood of the Psychology Department students, how the psychopathological evaluation and diagnosis processes are made will be emphasized.
|1st Week ||Context of Clinical Assessment|
|2nd Week ||Cultural Competence and Gathering Information Before Assessment|
|3rd Week ||Behavioral Assessment|
|4th Week ||A measure of Intellectual and Neurological Functioning |
|5th Week ||Wechsler Intelligence Tests: Children and Adult Versions|
|6th Week ||Using Neuropsychological Tests in Clinical Assessment: Screening and Assessing Impairment|
|7th Week ||Wisconsin Card Matching Test, Stroop, Rey and Wechsler Memory Tests |
|8th Week ||Mid-Term Exam|
|9th Week ||Measuring Personality|
|10th Week ||MMPI, Rorscach Tests and Semi-structured and Structured Interview Techniques|
|11th Week ||Brief Clinical Assessment Instruments|
|12th Week ||Ethical Principles in Application of Clinical Assessment |
|13th Week ||Reporting the Results and Sharing the Results of the Assessments |
|14th Week ||General Overview|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Goldfinger, K. & Pomerantz, A. M. (2014) Psychological assessment and report writing. USA: SAGE.
Groth-Marnat, G. (2003) Handbook of Psychological Assessment, (4th ed.). New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Questions/Answers,Practice,Presentation,Other
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA|
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||60|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||40|
|Preparation for Quiz||6||8||48|
|Individual or group work||14||3||42|
|Preparation for Final exam||1||30||30|
|Preparation for Midterm exam||1||15||15|
|Laboratory (including preparation)|
|Total Workload / 30||5,96|
|ECTS Credits of the Course||6|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||English