|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Elective Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||-
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||6
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||-
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Reviews literature on the methodological issues of qualitative research and the technical aspects of various approaches to qualitative analysis.
2) Conducts, evaluates, selects and applies the appropriate data from various software programs used in qualitative analysis.
3) Forms the qualitative research method part of his/her research/study according to the framework used in scientific meetings.
4) Matches the appropriate data collection techniques with the right study area and participant profile.
5) Review articles related to the subject, compares the trends over the years and analyzes the contents of current issues.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|COURSE DEFINITION||The course will provide students with an understanding of the role of qualitative research in the social sciences; knowledge and experience in the use of qualitative methods; an appreciation of their limitations and the social, theoretical and political context of their use. It will also include qualitative data analysis, and writing and presenting qualitative research.
|1st Week ||Course Overview|
|2nd Week ||Epistemologies & Study Design |
|3rd Week ||Introduction to Coding |
|4th Week ||Grounded Theory & Inductive Coding|
|5th Week ||Conceptual Framing & Deductive Coding|
|6th Week ||Moving Beyond Coding: Matrices & Network Displays|
|7th Week ||Trustworthiness|
|8th Week ||Mid-Term Exam|
|9th Week ||Moving Beyond Coding|
|10th Week ||Drawing and Verifying Inferences & Conclusions|
|11th Week ||Visualizing Qualitative Data|
|12th Week ||Writing about Qualitative Data: Transparent Path of Inference|
|13th Week ||Writing about Qualitative Data: Representations of Data|
|14th Week ||Evaluating Qualitative research|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Miles, M. B., Huberman, A. M. & Saldana, J. (2019). Qualitative data analysis: A methods sourcebook, 4th Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Practice,Project,Questions/Answers,Other
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA|
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||70|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||30|
|Preparation for Quiz|
|Individual or group work||14||3||42|
|Preparation for Final exam||1||30||30|
|Preparation for Midterm exam||1||20||20|
|Laboratory (including preparation)|
|Total Workload / 30||5,86|
|ECTS Credits of the Course||6|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||English