|TYPE OF COURSE UNIT||Compulsory Course
|LEVEL OF COURSE UNIT||Bachelor's Degree
|YEAR OF STUDY||4
|SEMESTER||Eighth Term (Spring)
|NUMBER OF ECTS CREDITS ALLOCATED||6
|NAME OF LECTURER(S)||-
|LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THE COURSE UNIT
||At the end of this course, the students;
1) Critically compares psychological and biological theories based on scientific research.
2) Develops a critical approach to some ongoing debates in contemporary psychology.
3) Compares modern psychology practices in the world, exemplifies the application areas of new research fields such as artificial intelligence.
4) Have more awareness about the methods that should be widespread and developed in the sub-fields of psychology and propose solutions.
5) Interprets how current technology affects psychology research areas and how this effect has shaped the methods used by researchers over the years.
|MODE OF DELIVERY||Face to face
|PRE-REQUISITES OF THE COURSE||No
|RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL PROGRAMME COMPONENT||None
|COURSE DEFINITION||The purpose of this course is to introduce new trends and topics in different areas of psychology. The course may focus on emerging and critical issues in psychology such as artificial intelligence, new methods and tools of research, interdisciplinary synthesis, historical development of theories specific to sub-areas of psychology, new areas of applications. This course also aims to provide a space where students can integrate their existing knowledge of psychology with the new topics.
|1st Week ||Course Overview|
|2nd Week ||Critical thinking, prejudices and pseudoscience|
|3rd Week ||Current Approaches in Clinical Psychology|
|4th Week ||Current Approaches in Educational Psychology|
|5th Week ||Current Approaches in Organizational Psychology|
|6th Week ||Current Approaches in Forensic Psychology|
|7th Week ||Current Approaches in Health and Sports Psychology|
|8th Week ||Mid-Term Exam|
|9th Week ||Current Approaches in Career Guidance|
|10th Week ||Current Approaches in Psychotherapy|
|11th Week ||Practice Beyond Evidence: Rethinking Research, Theory, and Practice|
|12th Week ||Critical Discussions: Sexism|
|13th Week ||Ethics|
|14th Week ||Dynamics of Modern Applied Psychology|
|RECOMENDED OR REQUIRED READING||Bayne, R., & Horton, I. (Eds.). (2003). Applied psychology: Current issues and new directions. Sage.
|PLANNED LEARNING ACTIVITIES AND TEACHING METHODS||Lecture,Practice,Project,Questions/Answers,Other
|ASSESSMENT METHODS AND CRITERIA|
|Contribution of In-term Studies to Overall Grade(%)||70|
|Contribution of Final Examination to Overall Grade(%)||30|
|Preparation for Quiz|
|Individual or group work||14||4||56|
|Preparation for Final exam||1||30||30|
|Preparation for Midterm exam||1||20||20|
|Laboratory (including preparation)|
|Total Workload / 30||6|
|ECTS Credits of the Course||6|
|LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION||English